Posted by: Keith on May 6, 2013
Wow! April went by way to fast. I had great plans. I am still working on my version of the eggbot. I did find an exceptionally priced arduino clone maker, which I will share after I get them in and test them
I have been working on getting my Raspberry Pi XBMC server up and running. Now it is ripping all of my DVD's to ISO format and getting them on to my media drive. Speaking of the RPi, I am also taking an online course about the RPi. And since I am a glutton for punishment, an Arduino course.
The courses are in beta right now and so far, I am impressed. I will post a review and links when I get there. I am about half way through the courses. If you haven't gotten a Raspberry Pi or an Arduino, get one, get both! You won't be disappointed. Check out the Arduino at arduino.cc, and the Raspberry pi at raspberrypi.org!
Needless to say, I am busy... BUT, I am working.
Thanks for your patience,
Posted by: Keith on Mar 19, 2013
Suprise!!! I got it finished and posted! You can go and check out my latest project an Arduino Polargraph. I had lots of fun building it and working with it.
Posted by: Keith on Mar 18, 2013
Well, I didn’t get too far on previously mentioned in work projects. Actually, I did get one of the done (the two transistor amplifier), but I never got around to writing it up. Then I started looking through my stuff, and realized that I had everything I needed to build a polargraph drawing bot.
I had pretty much everything I needed but a few miscellaneous parts. About $3 in parts from Home Depot and I was well on my way… I hate to leave everyone hanging on this, but there are a lot of photos to edit before I can post. As a bit of a teaser, you can see the type of image it can draw. Check it out here.
Once I get the photos edited and uploaded, I will make a quick post about project.
Question for the day: How many motors are in a Lexmark Scanner/ink jet Printer combo?
Posted by: Keith on Jan 22, 2013
Well, you may have noticed that I haven't got the new projects up yet. The reason was that I was having some issues with my CMS backend. In case you haven't noticed, I am using CMS Made Simple (you can find it here: CMSMadeSimple.org). I was running a significantly older version (1.10.3) and was putting off upgrading to version 1.11.4, because I like to test and test again before applying any upgrade.
I replicated this site at test.akapplegarth.us. I backed up the MySQL database and uploaded it to the test site then tried the first step in the upgrade. It was not as sucessful or as easy as I had hoped. After deleting the test site and reloading it and importing a clean copy of the old DB, I finally figured out that I had a problem with my current version of CMS Made Simple. Fortunately, it was an easy fix. I just re-applied the 1.10.3 version and the upgrading process went fairly smoothly.
However, it was time consuming... Final tally was over 56,000 files copied. Keep in mind that I also updated my game site (Cthulhu.in-Anchorage-AK.net). My 3 day weekend was pretty much shot just copying files up and down and edit configuration files. And as an end result, I could not be happier.
For a free, open-source project the support (via the forums) is first rate. There always seems to be someone who is there to help, if you have an issue. I do hope to get those new pages up soon.
Disclaimer: This site contains projects that may hurt you. Soldering irons get hot. Knives are sharp. Wear safety glasses and act accordingly. Do not run with scissors. Electricity can kill. Do not drink and drive. Operating a soldering iron under the influence will probably get you burned or worse. If you are not an adult, get adult supervision. If you hurt yourself or break something, don't blame me. Enjoy your stay and drop me a line if you want to leave a comment...