Search
News
May 2, 2018
Category: General
Posted by: Keith

The Star Wars Speeder Bike page is up! I also got the galleries up for the Speeder Bike and my Prusa i3 Mk2 mod to 2.5! I will be doing a a write up on my Prusa upgrade shortly.

Apr 26, 2018
Category: General
Posted by: Keith

I just got the 3 new Star Wars Propel Drones! Will be taking pictures soon.

Apr 16, 2018
Category: General
Posted by: Keith

I am rebuilding the site from scratch. But I do have the images and text. Just not and an easily importable form...It is going to take time to fix. I am not going to re-add all of the news articles.

Most links will be broken until I can fix them. Some will not be fix - the old site is gone. No time to fix it.

Contact Info
an image
Keith's World
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Email: Keith@akapplegarth.us
Stat Counter

Visitors:

Web
Analytics

Home

May 15, 2018

Wow! What a week!


Posted by: Keith

First, my Prusa i3 started printing like crap... I finally figured out what caused it. Don't know how to fix it yet, but I am getting there. Apparently, when using Repetier Host and slicing with the Prusa Slicer, it drops some layers. I was thinking it was due to a clog, but no... you can see it on the slicer preview. If I slice it the just the slicer and save the gcode, I can dump it into Repetier and it works just fine... Go figure. EDIT: Well, the slicing issue was due to a problem with the model. I repaired it and it sliced properly. Another issue was with the new PINDA probe. It now has a thermistor to compensate for temperature. Well, if it is not up to a certain temp BEFORE it start the mesh leveling, lets just say it prints a bit high. Insert the code "M860 S35" to the start code to wait for the probe to reach 35C before mesh leveling. Seems to have worked. I will post more later on it.

Second thing... I recently rebuilt this site, mostly from scratch, lots of cutting and pasting. But last week another site of mine, cthulhu.in-anchorage-ak.net, pooched... just like this one. I was beginning to think I needed to find a new host. After a nasty gram to support, they came back with the fix. I had upgraded my PHP version on the hosting control panel. Since this the old site was running a really old version of CMS Made Simple, it could not handle the newer PHP version. Why it took a couple of weeks to decide that, I don't know. BUT, it did allow me to go back and upgrade everything from version 1.12 to 2.2.7. Then I had to upgrade the templates... EDIT: update to that site to come...

There you have it. Two issues, one week. One sorted, one not. I now need to get motivated and start putting up some new content on the other site. We will see how it goes.

ttfn,

Keith